Friday, October 1, 2010

Real Beauty

On a blog I'm a part of, we're discussing beauty. So many people fail to realize that they are beautiful, and that they are perfect just the way they are. So on this blog, we're talking about our struggles in this area, and ways we can beat the voice inside our heads that tell us we're not good enough. Every time I log into that blog, I log on to give. I give encouragment and my prayers to girls I don't even know, but feel so close too from our online conversations. But every time I log on, I recieve. I recieve prayers from those girls that just fill me up. I recieve congratulations on passing a test in school or doing well in a competition or on poems or songs I wrote. I recieve medicine that makes me overflow with joy. I'm so blessed to be part of a blog with such beautiful young women.There is no words to describe the beautiful people these girls are. I've never seen them face to face, but I know that every one of those girls is beautiful. Real Beauty isn't how you look or what clothes you wear. Real beauty isn't being a size 0 or having clear skin that sparkles. Real Beauty comes from the heart. Our culture is so opsessed with outer beauty. We care so much about how we look, and forget about the inside. Let me tell you, I've seen so many people that are so pretty, and then they open their mouth and say some little thing that makes their beauty diminish. Real Beauty comes from the heart. It's the love I feel from those girls whenever I go on that blog. It's how encouraging them makes me feel beautiful. It's hearing their words of how my prayers impacted their life. It's seeing those beautiful role models in my life, and learning from their wisdom. It's reading my Bible and learning to be more like Jesus. It's picking myself back up and trying again when I fail. Real beauty isn't in what size of jeans someone wears or their hair. Real beauty radiates from inside. It makes them glow. I'm honored and blessed to have so many beautiful women in my life, both role models and friends. I'm blessed to have so many beautiful friends that give to me when I came to give. I'm blessed to have so many truely beautiful people in my life. Truely Blessed.

3 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Aww... That's so true. I am also very blessed to have many beautiful people in my life!:) Love you!

Haley said...

Hi Alisha!
This is Haley from the blog...that was so nice of you to post about us. You're beautiful too!
Love, Haley♥

Mary Catherine said...

Thank you so much for this post about all of us! I almost started tearing up because that's how I feel about all of you!
--Love Mary Catherine