Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Best Friend Promises



Just finished having a 'virtual coffee time' with my best friend. It was good talking. And I didn't realize how much I missed her until we started talking. Now I wish she was here so we could really talk. We talked about the future, and how time goes by so fast. We've known each other since Kindergarten. and now we're in high school. Thinking about college and getting married and starting our own families. Somewhere along the line we grew up? When did that happen? I'm lucky to have a best friend like her. It was funny how, even though we're so far apart, we were thinking about some of the very same things. We're not little girls anymore, being there and dreaming of now. we're here, and somehow it's not like we imagined. Our conversations aren't about those little girl things anymore. they're about college and marriage and families and growing up and those days when we were little without a care in the world. When did that change? Life is an awfully cold place to not have a best friend. and I'm honored and blessed to have a best friend like mine. You're making me cry now, Cai, good job! :) Things changed and we both grew up. And somehow we're still connected. Our conversations have changed and we're taller, but we're still the same forever friends. Thanks, Cai, for being my best friend. Life would be awfully lonely without you. You get me. We're connected. And throughout the years, we've managed to stay that way. You're my best friend, and I hope it stays that way. As we grow up and really do go to college and get married and have our own families. I hope we always stay connected at the heart.

No comments: