Thursday, June 30, 2011

Filling the Spaces

Don't you hate it when you have so much to say, but every time you try to say it, it turns out being all wrong, like your brain has suddenly lost the ability to turn thoughts into actual words? That's how I feel right now, so much to say, just unsure how to say it. Last night was the first night I was actually able to sit down and put my feelings into words. For the first time in days I was finally able to write out what I was feeling without it being all wrong. Turned on Taylor Swift's Speak Now CD, put the pen to paper, and ended up with 5 pages filled with writing. This morning, though, I woke up feeling wordless, the inspiration from the night before gone.


Lately, I've been singing myself to sleep. I started it one night, when it was really late (Or... early) and I couldn't sleep. Every night since then, I can't fall asleep without singing at least one song. Usually one turns into two and two turns into three and three turns into a dozen and... well, you get the picture. I've been singing everything from hymns to Taylor Swift to Disney Songs. I don't know why, but it's almost like music is filling in all those spaces I can't seem to fill with words. So instead of writing a long post with words that feel weak and drained, check out this song...






It doesn't cover everything I want to say, but it comes pretty close...

No comments: