Saturday, September 10, 2011

Best Movie Of My Life - The Help

I went to see the Help today, and let me tell you, it's the best movie I've seen in a long time, quite possibly the best movie I've seen IN MY LIFE!
The movie The Help is about African American maids working in white houses during the early 1960's.
The three main characters in this story are Eugenia Skeeter, Phelan, a white girl who returns home from college to find her maid, the woman that raised her, has left. Skeeter has big dreams of becoming a writer. The other two characters are Aibileen Clark and Minny Jackson, two maids who work in the houses of white women in their community of Jackson, Mississipppi.
With out giving too much away, let me tell you that this movie explains how life was for 'the help' during this time period in Jackson.
Despite the close quarters which the Help and the white families share, there are many racial barriers, and this movie shows that really well.
I loved watching this movie. I went from laughing, to crying, to laughing again, to crying even more, to sitting there in shock because I can't believe that just happened. When the credits rolled across the screen, I was sad because the movie had ended. It's the kind of movie that makes you want to go out there and fight for something.
Before seeing this movie, I didn't understand the reality of how these people were treated, but after seeing it, I believe I do have a better understanding.
If you're looking for a movie to go see sometime in the near future, I would definatly say GO SEE THIS ONE! It is amazing, fantastic, so beautiful. I don't think there was a scene in this movie where I didn't get goose bumps. It was brilliant.
It's rated PG13 for thematic material (Looked that up online) and I think that's a good rating. The realness of this movie made me want to cringe at times. There was also a little bit of language.
I give The Help a 5 out of 5. This movie was amazing, and I loved every second of it.

1 comment:

Sylvi! ♫ said...

I can see why it is your fave!
Love,

Sylvi!
http://luvtruebeauty.blogspot.com