Tuesday, November 29, 2011

I am Hungry...

Because.....pain.....for a believer....is God's stamp of love on your heart.
Pain is God saying...."Child. I am crazy about you."

I read a blog post yesterday, and it ignited in me something beautiful. Pain, it says, does something to me that nothing else can do. It pulls me away from myself and pushes me to Jesus.
And it's true. It is in my pain, admist my brokenness, that I find myself crawling to the only One who can help me. It is in my pain that I see how much I truely need Jesus, and that He is the only hope I have.
Pain is not at all a place where I want to be, but it is in my desperation that I find Jesus.
I read once about chasing after Jesus with desperation. The analogy it used was this:
Imagine you haven't eaten for days. You are ravenously hungry. One day a truck comes to the village where you are and it's filled with food. You aren't going to stand at the back of the line, holding out your bowl and say "If it's not too much of a bother, could I please have some food?" You're going to charge that truck. You are going to climb over and under and do everything you can possibly do to make sure you get some food.
Why is it only in my pain that I see how truely hungry I am? Why is it only when I am in the middle of pain that I recognize my hunger and charge that truck? Why, when everything is going just fine, do I not see my need?
I want my attitude to be that of the one who is charging the truck. I want to be the one doing everything in my power to get the nourishment my body, and soul, craves. Jesus, the bread of life. I am hungry, and I don't want to be the one who stands by and watches while my hunger rages on. I want to be the one who charges the truck, the one who chases after the nourishment that is found in Jesus.

If you want to check out that blog post I was talking about, you can find it here: http://beautyinweakness.blogspot.com/2011/11/barren-one.html

No comments: