Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Exams and Gypsy's

I'm knee deep in midterms. It's an average occurance in the life of a high schooler, I guess, but I have to think there's a better way to test a student's knowledge on the course then to sit them down in a room, hand them a stack of papers full of questions and tell them they only have 2 and a half hours (In my case anyway) to complete this exam, and this test will make up 30% of their final grade. It's a nerve wracking experience. I'm done 2 out of 3 exams (My last one is tomorrow) and passed them both, which is great. The 2 I've already submitted, they were submitted through a program called quizstar which grades it immediatly. So I entered my answers, paced the floor, took a deep breath, put my finger on the submit button but didn't press it until I was turned away from the computer. I pressed submit, walked away, then came back. My heart was racing and I was so nervous and then... the moment of truth. I passed both exams, but the nervous feeling I experienced before I pressed submit is something I don't really like.

In other news, our house sold. Yep, we're moving again. I can go back in my blog history and find the entry in which I wrote about our coming to THIS house. But now we're moving again, at least that's how it's looking. I almost feel like somebody should start calling me a gypsy because we've moved every 2 years since I was born. Maybe that's a good thing, because for all my life I've been forced to think of home as people, not as a place.

One more thing before my study fried brain decides to shut down. Remember a while ago when I posted that video of the girl after her endoscopy? (If not, you can check it out here.) That girl has a blog called chronicles of the chronically ill, which I've been following, and loving. She takes the words right out of my mouth when it comes to describing the life of someone with a chronic illness. As most of you probably know by now, I love sharing links to posts that inspire me, make me think or just posts that I love. So if you have time, check out this post.

1 comment:

Trinka said...

Wow. That would be so hard having to move EVERY. TWO. YEARS... just wow. I'm praying for you and your family and your study fried brain :)