Friday, March 2, 2012

7 quick takes ~ Volume 3


1. Does it show what a great start this is, if I can't even get to one without thinking for a while? I always find beginnings the hardest. Once I get going with these things they just seem to come along, but when I start my head is always filled with wierd thoughts and I can never actually get going down the path I want to. Just like when I'm writing a novel, I finish it, and when I read over it again there's always this doubt in my head that says "Why did you write that? It's awful! No one will want to read what YOU have to say," And I know that's not true, and what I wrote isn't completely awful.
2. In December, right after I had finished writing my novel but before I started editing, I came across this quote, "You didn't shy away from the tough parts of you story because you knew it was the only way to help people who don't have your strength, so make yourself vulnerable."
I don't know why, but I really loved that. It was actually something that encouraged me to pick up the novel again and keep writing, and keep editing. There was a story there, a story that I had to tell.
3. I find wierd quotes help me through certain times in my life. Usually they're from Grey's, and usually I take them WAY out of context. But they work. Like during exams in January, the one quote I used was "Are you asking me or telling me?" (Dr.Shepherd... aka Mcdreamy.) I don't know why, but that was what got me through exam week. Recently it's been "Well this could be fun if we let it." (Dr.Sloan... aka Mcsteamy.) Again, totally unrelated to my situation (This one possibly way more then the last one) but I love it anyway.
4. On Wednesday, at Ministry Team, we were assigned Prayer Partners. We had talked about it for a while, and on Wednesday it was actually assigned. Can I tell you a secret? I'm kinda in love with my prayer partner. She's pretty awesome.
5. Tonight was So you think you can dance night at youth. Now it is a fact that I can not dance (or can not dance WELL) But it was still a lot of fun. It was fun dancing with friends and eating icecream and laughing, a lot. It's little things like that that matter, things like learning the line dance to Cadillac Ranch and holding on to elbows and spinning (Long story) knowing that right now, nothing else matters but being right here, held and laughing. It's things like that that make everything else fade away. It's things like that that keep you going.
6. There's a new program coming to the Grande Prairie Hospital called Bravery Beads. They are these beads that you put on a string, and for every medical procedure you have done you get a bead to add to your string. I can't wait to collect my string of beads. I have 15 years to make up for!
7. There's lots of things I wish I could say, but can't find the right words. Sometimes, Words Fail

No comments: