Monday, March 5, 2012

Cheese Daze

This afternoon I was trying to think of something to write for a blog post. I couldn't find anything that had happened over the last few days that was *blog worthy* After a while of wracking my brain, I decided I was hungry and wanted a grilled cheese sandwich. I made the sandwich, put the pan on the stove, and put the sandwich in the pan. I changed the channel on the TV so Jaxon could watch a show and decided I should check on my sandwich. I went to the stove and found everything BLACK, the bottom of the pan, my sandwich, everything. I turned off the heat and took the pan off that spot. I then tried to peel the sandwich off the bottom of the pan. Of course it was burnt so bad that when I tried to scrape it off it crumbled into a million burnt crumbs. When I finally got the burnt sandwich off the pan and into the garbage, I put the pan in the sink, determined to scrub the bottom in an attempt to get off all the black. I turned on the water and all of a sudden there was this popping noise. The pan was actually sizzling. Once I scrubbed it out the best I could, I texted my best friend. I told her the story, of how I was looking for something blog worthy and then how I almost burnt the house down while trying to make grilled cheese. She laughed at me and pretty much told me I brought this on myself.
Here I am, still wondering how I managed to completely destroy grilled cheese (I mean, seriously, I've been making that forever!) So that was my *blog worthy* afternoon.

No comments: