Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Kony 2012 is not my passion... part 2

To me, it's all an extension of prolife... Understanding the intrinsic value of each tiny life... In the womb, or kidnapped from their bed in Africa. I might not understand the vision of this particular organization that is calling the united states military into action, but I stand with my brothers and sisters that want to see an end to injustice, and protection of the innocent
The whole issue of Kony 2012 is confusing me. I don't know a whole lot about it, so I am just posting inklings of my not fully formed thoughts. The comment above (on my initial post... you can read it HERE) was thought provoking, and once I read it I knew THAT was what I wanted to say.
Like the comment said, I don't understand the vision of this particular organization that is calling the US military into action. I don't doubt that Kony is a criminal, but the whole organization of Kony 2012, the whole idea of getting the US military involved... that causes me to pause. The issue of Kony 2012 is something I've been wrestling with ever since I watched the video for the first time. It breaks my heart to hear of these great injustices going on in our world. I believe that every life is of value, in being a voice for the voiceless.
I guess with saying all that, I believe that Kony is an evil man and needs to be stopped, and that behind the Kony 2012 campaign are good intentions, but I don't believe in Kony 2012.
http://visiblechildren.tumblr.com.nyud.net/ (I'd encourage you to read this article (I liked it, and found it made me think) read a bit more into it and develop your own opinion before jumping on the Kony 2012 bandwagon.)

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Thank you, Alisha, for posting this! My thoughts exactly. I'm not completely sure of the intent of some of the people involved in the campaign, but I do believe that Joseph Kony is a cruel, demon-influenced (he briefly talks about his communication with spirits at http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-03-08/who-is-joseph-kony/3877490), and incredibly deceived man who needs to be stopped. I hate what he does but I pray that he might one day be released from the bondage of the lies he believes.