Sunday, April 8, 2012

Joy comes in the morning...

Weeping may endure for a night, but Joy comes in the morning. Psalms 30:5


 Today for the Easter Service, the church was decorated in lilies. The lilies were in memory of people who had died. We bought one for my Grandma... and we bought one for my friend Spencer.
It's hard to believe he's gone. It's still hard to believe I won't ever get to 'see' him again. Sometimes I think of something I want to tell him, or something I want to ask him... and then I remember.
Easter is a happy time, a time of rejoicing because My Lord has conquered the Grave. Because Jesus has beat death, I have faith that I will see Spencer again one day, and on that day he will breathe like me, no more pain. What a wonderful day that will be.
Weeping may last for a night, but Joy does come in the morning. There's joy in knowing I'll see my friend Spencer again someday, and that he'll be healthy and so full of life. There's joy in knowing that he's in a place where he's no longer in pain, no longer hurting, and that he's breathing easy.

Gone but never forgotten, love you Spence.

No comments: