Monday, May 7, 2012

He winked at me

"The Spirit of God whets our appetite by giving us a taste of what's ahead. He puts a little of heaven in our hearts so that we'll never settle for less." 2 Corinthians 5:5
After a long, hard night with a migraine headache, nausea, pain and a beeping pump, morning finally decided to come around. After many long days filled with pain and exhaustion, this day decided to show its face.
The day was completely ordinary. Except for the tiny moments of bliss and inspiration and hope and  peace and beauty, except for those tiny moments when God winked at me.
As I sat out on the porch swing, homemade chai tea in hand, the sun shining down on my shoulders and my toes buried in the green grass, I was at peace. I was hopeful.
I liked the part in the verse above about God putting a little of heaven in our hearts. As I read that verse tonight, I kept thinking of today, and of the gift I had recieved in the green grass and the warm sunshine. Is that what a little taste of heaven is like? When the pain is so very real, are days like these to remind my tired heart that this is not my home?
It was a simple moment, but it was one where I sat back and thought "Do I have any reason not to trust God? Do I have a reason to not believe that this is part of His amazing transformation plan? Do I really, truely believe He knows the plans He has for me, and that those plans are good?"
The answer is no. Because every once in a while, in the middle of these trying times of my life, God winks at me.
And it's times like these - when God winks at me- I know He's saying "Just you wait."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay not to annoy you with comments but you are actually a great writer! I feel like, even though most people can't come close to understanding what you're going through, there's a relatable ness there with pain and the hope that only God give his Children. Hope that says this pain is part of my plan and won't last forever. Through Jesus we know that one day all pain and tears will be wiped away from every face and we will only be filled with joy :)