Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Deliver

de·liv·er
v.tr.
1. To bring or transport to the proper place or recipient
2. To surrender (someone or something) to another; hand over
3. To secure (something promised or desired)
a. To give birth to: She delivered a baby boy this morning.

8. To give forth or produce
9. To set free, as from misery, peril, or evil: deliver a captive from slavery. See Synonyms at save1.
v.intr.
1. To produce or achieve what is desired or expected; make good

I don't wanna write.
I want to curl up in bed and watch movies and drink tea.
But this morning, a friend called me as I had agreed to help her with some information she needed from her book. The first thing out of her mouth wasn't one of the questions we had already agreed on, but it was the honest question, "How are you?"
I wanted to cry.
I told her I'm ok, cause I am.
She'd entered in with me to this place, letting me talk when I wanted or not talk when I couldn't.
It reminded me of a time last summer, of borrowing strength.

It doesn't matter how long I've been wandering around in the wilderness. God always keeps His promises, even when you think morning is never going to come. His promise to deliver me, He kept it.
And when God promises a peace that passes all understanding, He really does mean it.

No comments: