Friday, August 10, 2012

Taking a moment...

How long has it been since I really sat down and blogged? I feel like all the posts I've written have been rushed, incoherently put together in those rare moments of spare time. I feel like I haven't actually sat down and blogged for a long, long time.
Tonight, though, I want to blog. I want to put out of my mind all those things I could be doing (Writing my novel, for instance) and just write here, and be here right now.

I'm exhausted. I've been exhausted for days. Not necessarily physically exhausted (Though there has been some of that too) but mentally exhausted, emotionally exhausted. Just drained, running out of steam exhausted. Apparently once you start feeling better it's not a good idea to try and go conquer the world. I still have to be gentle with myself.
Today I took a time out. I went out for lunch, shopping and pedicures with my mama.
I feel like my body is just saying, "Ok, Alisha, you can't conquer the world. You do what you can, when you can with what you can, and when you can't nobody can fault you for it."
I think it's so easy sometimes to become wrapped up in everything you should do, or that you want to do, or that needs to get done that you forget to take a time out.
Maybe that means taking 5 or 10 minutes away from the time I would normally work on my novel to blog, or just breathe and be mindful of breathing. Maybe it means taking a day to hang out with the ones you love best.
Sometimes it means actually listening to God when He whispers to your heart, "Hey, I got this. Let me help you."

So here's my 5 minutes. Hope you all had a wonderful Friday, and wishing everybody a great weekend. And hey, remember to slow down and actually breathe this weekend! (Good advice for me to remember too!)

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Wow, this is exactly what I needed to be reminded of, Alisha - thanks for this! :) May you also have a wonderful weekend! <3