Tuesday, September 4, 2012

My first day

Today was the first day of school.
I actually thought I would miss summer more, that it would be harder to transition into being back at school, and back in an actual classroom, but it wasn't that bad.
This morning I started out with my online courses. It was mostly just set up today, meeting my teachers (All I think will be wonderful at the subjects they are teaching) and making sure you have everything and setting up the technical side of things. I am super excited about some of the classes I'll be getting to take this semester (Photography, here i come!) and some of the units we'll be covering in certain classes (Biology units about the circulatory system, the heart and enzymes in the body, yay!)
And then, this afternoon, I went to actual school. I went about a half hour early just so one of the teachers could show me around, introduce me to my teacher, show me where my class was and help me get my text books. The teacher that showed me around was actually my brother and sister's teacher last year, and she was so great. She told me the door to her office is always open if I ever need anything.
When the bell rang for my class, a stampede of people came out of every room with a door. Apparently I haven't been in a school setting for a while because my first instinct was to run. Making my way through the sea of people and to my classroom isn't the easiest thing I've ever done, and it was actually pretty intimidating. I kind of felt like this:

My class has 6 students, including myself. There's 3 boys, and 3 girls, and today we all sat either at the back or in the middle.
My teacher for Physics is named Ms. Bluemink, and she teaches barefoot, which means I already like her. She's really nice, and laid back. I have her for both my classes next semester as well, which I am excited about, as it means I only have to introduce myself to one teacher and only remember my way to one classroom.
So that was my day. And all in all it was a pretty good first day. I have a feeling this is going to be a pretty good year :)

No comments: