Monday, November 5, 2012

Thankful, Excited, Inspired

Write 3 things you're thankful for/excited for/inspired by

I'm thankful for writing, for the ability to write my heart out. It gives me clarity, and perspective, hope. Just being creative, I guess, always brings me back to that place where i can just be still.

I'm thankful for community. I've tried thinking of something else to go here, but nothing else seems to want to fit. The community I've been thrust into, in this time period after being diagnosed, is a lot different then the one I would have picked for myself. There's a lot of people in this little community that have surprised me, and a lot of people who aren't there that I thought would be. But it turns out this little community is exactly what I need. I always used to think, "Oh, I'm losing everything!" And I guess in a way I have lost a whole lot, but I think, now, I'm not losing, I'm just slowly rebuilding.

I'm excited for the journey ahead. Even though it's been hard, I think I'm also thankful for the journey of being undiagnosed. It was worth it. When I think of the journey ahead, of life after the diagnosis, I know it will be hard, but I'm excited for it.

No comments: