Friday, January 11, 2013

The Love List

I've spent almost the whole week trying to figure out how to write this post.
Basically, it goes a little something like this...
I love my life!
I am really happy right now. I have energy again (Yay!) and I feel better and I'm just excited and alive and it's pretty awesome.
So what changed?
I started taking back control and being creative. Whenever I don't have one of these two things - whenever I feel out of control or when I lack creativity - I go into a pretty messy place. I easily get overwhelmed and I start to freak out.
I started eating better (I'm trying to go for a more alkaline diet, starting with the green juice I make and drink in the morning that, around here, we jokingly call my happy juice)  and, at the beginning of January, I started this writing program called 750 words where I write 750 words a day.
I've just been having a really good week.

Here's a few of the things I'm loving this week:
* My parents. After talking to and seeing the lives of some other patients with chronic illness and their families, it makes me really grateful for mine. I think everyone has complaints about what their parents could have done differently, but all things considered my parents handled my being sick pretty well, and I am so grateful for that.
* I love my green juice.
* I love it that the semester is almost over! Don't like studying for finals, but I'm so excited for a new semester and a new start.
* I love this video: What it's like being chronically ill, incase you ever wondered
* And I love my life!

No comments: