Friday, February 14, 2014

Here's to love

Here's to messy love, the kind that leaves you with a broken heart, extreme emotions
Here's to family love, and the amazing people who make up mine and  remind me that family isn't just where you come from, it's where you belong
Here's to friend love, and the beautiful, crazy individuals who laugh with me, cry with me, learn with me, share with me, and support me even when I don't deserve it
Here's to your first love, and the boy who takes your breath away
Here's to your last love, someday, and the person who loves you when you're young and also when you're older
Here's to all the loves in between, the people who hold your heart, and sometimes break it, and all they teach you along the way
Here's to the first person who gave me a valentine
Here's to loving yourself
Here's to loving other people
Here's to being loved
Here's to the old ones, the young ones, the free spirits and the workaholics, to everyone who is waiting to be loved and not realizing they already are
Here's to the newlyweds, and the couples who have been married for 50 years
Here's to the people who fight for love
Here's to the people love crept up on
Here's to sisters and brothers and mothers and fathers and friends and boyfriends and girlfriends and husbands and wives and memories
Here's to love, in every shape and form, because it is all beautiful

No comments: